2010/09/30

Chengdu Bus #8 False Alarm Amuses Netizens – digg china

A few days ago, a terrible fire on a bus in Chengdu, China killed many trapped passengers who could not break the glass windows to escape. The safety-hammer for breaking glass windows on the bus was missing/stolen.

china-chengdu-bus-false-alarm

From Tianya and Mop:

Today in Chengdu on a #8 route bus, someone screamed “Smoke!” Immediately, over a dozen people took out small hammers they had brought with them and smashed all the windows to pieces, and one girl lost her clothes and was exposed while trying to jump out to escape. In the end, it was just a false alarm, and the driver cursed, “Who was the idiot who yelled, it scared the piss out of me!”

Comments from Tianya:

AF447:

Hilarious, Sichuan people are so cute [silly].

清清爽爽悠悠_:

Is this true or fake?

So funny!

However, when riding the public bus in the future, one truly should carry a hammer with them to be safe. It is your own life, and it is not as if you can afford a car [instead of taking the bus]! There is nothing to worry about except having your hammer stolen from you by an anxious person on the bus trying to escape when you take it out. My hammer cannot ensure that I will escape first! In this day and age, people are too selfish, [because] there are no safeguards/guarantees!

Antiqmoon:

I rode the #4 route bus this morning. After smelling something, I quickly got off and switched to the next bus. I felt a little crazy.

I did not imagine there would be so many brothers even more adorable/cute [silly] than myself.

乐阙:

There is something even more funny, bringing your own face mask and fire extinguisher.

chengdu-person-prepared-fire-extinguisher-face-mask

最后的塔西陀:

The hammer, necessary when your family goes out and uses the public transportation or taxis!

hbsdzs001:

Hilarious, Sichuan people really love their lives.

老鹰抓足球:

When I go out and ride the public bus these days, the first thing I do is go pay fare; the second thing I do is look around for where the safety hammer is, because I must sit near the safety hammer. Even if I have to stand, I must stand somewhere where I can be sure to grab the safety hammer should an emergency happen.
With the circumstances the way they are now, one must be on the guard when going out.

站在马桶上:

This should not be funny, but it was really hilarious, haha.

凌初一:

Normal reaction, right now everyone is nervous,
although a false alarm is better than an incident.

No one should treat this like a joke,
if you were present, you would also have this kind of reaction.

duiduiyan:

Earthquakes and floods and various bizarre disasters, are always working out Sichuan’s heroic citizens!!

We have reason to believe that many years in the future, China will be the land of the Sichuan people!!!

nxz111:

The fastest growing GDP enterprise for Sichuan this year – Chengdu Hammer Plant.

164545353:

Motherfuckers, now I do not dare to sleep while I am riding the public bus…
If I am not careful, I might wake up to discover my long dead grandfather fucking in front of me playing chess.

彤儿子:

Very creative! ~~~
However joking like this at this time is not very kind.

书生你好:

I think it was a drill/exercise, and the goal was accomplished.

Some netizens have said this is a re-used old story.

No comments:

Post a Comment